SoGen – Blockchain-IoT solution for solar energy management
Energy & Utilities
Renewables (Solar Energy, Photovoltaics), Artificial intelligence and machine learning, Big data, Cleantech, Cryptocurrency/Blockchain, Fintech, Internet of Things (IoT), SaaS
05/2018 – ONGOING
About Solar Generation Company
The Solar Generation Company (or SolGen Inc.) was founded in 2016 in California, USA, as a combination of innovative business concepts and an ambitious-technological proposition. The immediate goal is to collect solar energy in locations that offer plenty of it and distribute it affordably in places that have limited solar potential. The overall operation encompasses solar hardware installations combined with an IoT and blockchain-based trading platform.
- Building a fully functional set of solutions for Smart Energy Market Platform Proof of Concept – a platform that enables creating a solar energy digital supply chain, using smart devices connected via IoT network
- Finding a long-term technological partner capable of supporting the development of the platform and other products with cutting-edge information technologies
- Further platform development using IoT and blockchain technologies
The role of Codibly was to create a complete IoT and blockchain-based platform capable of processing raw telemetric data and delivering it to homeowners in a form of insightful dashboards with a smart transaction system, based on distributed ledger technology connected with the core of the platform.
Solution delivered by Codibly, the SolGen Platform, with its multiple autonomous modules, is a complex decentralized application based on the Internet of Things (IoT) and dedicated for solar energy real-time management on a global scale.
The main platform’s objective is to enable efficient energy transfer via smart contracts between US-based prosumers (energy producers) and EU-based subscribers (energy consumers), like homeowners.
The core components are:
- Workflow module that allows transforming energy generated in California PV devices into a commodity and use it in transactions between American energy producers and Nordics-based subscribers. This solution includes distributed ledger technology responsible designed for trading the energy between all interested entities in the US and EU. Trading is possible due to the Central Bank that enables digital exchange via smart contracts between commodities and generated solar energy. It also places bulk orders (groups of consumers) to reduce the costs of single ones. After selling the energy to the grid, prosumer gets eBOLTs – the commodity and places the offer within the platform. Subscribers can purchase it directly from the prosumers or in the Central Bank (bulk orders) and exchange it for a needed amount of clean energy
- Cutting-edge dashboards for homeowners, super admins, and business owners, that enable them tracking the current status of their systems, control its behaviour and check statistics
- Sales application – a sizing tool that uses sales techniques to generate leads among the people interested in using the platform. A prospect can describe via Central Bank website what type of system is needed, indicating the specific number of solar panels, batteries, and other smart devices. This information is saved in Salesforce so the sales team could make contact and place the offer
- Validated PoC for the Smart Energy Market Platform with solid and highly functional IoT-blockchain technology and robust data security
- Smart transaction system based on blockchain technology and high-security standards
- A platform that can be extended to the worldwide scale using smart devices within the IoT network
- Collected data will provide a wide overview and a good database for the machine learning models
Creating a global super-grid that answers challenges related to climate change. The designed set of solutions enables more efficient usage of sustainable energy on an international scale and connects many entities within a reliable and sustainable energy system
“Codibly has become strategic and embedded partner of SolGen with holistic view not only on the technology, but the whole business thanks to their industry insights and knowledge.”
CEO of Solar Generation
Take our expert's word for it
See other case studies
PA Consulting – Energy Portfolio Modeling Tool
PA Consulting - Energy Portfolio Modeling Tool Industry Energy & Utilities Industry Vertical Ren
BioLap – Cloud migration & IT services…
Cloud migration & IT services in the project for international insurance and reinsurance broker